An Introduction For Everyone Who Isn’t Krister
Back in San Diego I had a lifting buddy, and his name was Krister. We kept each other on track at the gym. He moved two days before I turned homeless, but on the way out we made An Agreement: Krister keeps up with the workouts I do on the road or I fly to his house and shame him in front of his newborn son. This post is the first installment on my half of The Agreement.
Also, here is a picture of a mango tree. I slept most of yesterday in a hammock under that tree, and I can tell you that hammocks under mango trees are some of the best places to sleep.
Work It, Krister
Well K-man, I did the trip’s first workout today. Here’s the breakdown:
- Pushup ladder: 1, rest 1, 2, rest 2, up to ten. Rest 90 seconds, then from ten back down.
- Resistance band hooked on bed leg, lift up and press together. 5 x 12.
- Resistance band hooked behind, then press forward. 5 x 12.
- Those rotating pushups I showed you once. Legs wide, take chest on a curved path toward the ground and then up into what amounts to a seal stretch. Reverse the motion to get back to starting position, and then you’ve done one count. 2 x 8, 2 x 6, 1 x 4.
- Tricep dips on the edge of the bed. 3 x 30.
- Crunch set. Forward x 50, left x 50, right x 50.
Miss you buddy!